THE LAST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wheat Montana Farms & Bakery
2520 S 3rd St W
Missoula, MT 59804
Info: Kaley Burke, 406-214-3053, firstname.lastname@example.org
What it is:
An Alzheimer’s, dementia or memory café is a monthly gathering of individuals living with memory loss along with their caregivers, and/or friends and family in a in an environment that is accepting and nonjudgmental. There is no set agenda.
- No membership or fee required.
- The café is for people living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s, along with their companions (Caregivers, families, friends, and professionals).
- Companions are expected to stay and participate in the café.
- The café will not exclude anyone based on age, race, color, religion, creed, or nationality.
The café is NOT:
- The café is not a support group.
- The café is not a workshop, seminar, or lecture on dementia.
- The café is not a respite program.
- The cafe is not just another party or happy hour.
- The café is not a daycare program.
- The café is not to be used as a promotion for a commercial enterprise.
Participating in an Alzheimer’s Café provides us an opportunity to be ambassadors to our community for a more positive way of thinking about living with memory loss.
- Thank host staff and other patrons for their patience and acceptance that you might speak or act differently when living with memory loss.
- In conversations avoid questions like “Do you remember?” and “Do you want?” Instead, share feelings, observations and recommendations.
- Listen, take your time and use lots of compliments and humor.